Background: This is a Vietnamese Restaurant which is famous for their Banh Mi Vietnamese Sandwiches. It’s closed Wednesdays. In the past, their sandwiches sell out by around 2 so I would advice to order early. I don’t know if it is still like that. I’ve been going for a very long time. It’s a family owned restaurant. They get their amazing baguettes from a bakery.
Ambiance (out of five): (This time I ordered take out so I can’t really say) But from past experience, I would give it a 4/5 because it gives me a family kind of feel. It’s a place where you can chat really loudly and no one would mind.
Setting/Design: The design is somewhat rustic. I wouldn’t call it clean and it isn’t dirty. The walls are pink which is weird. But whenever I step in it feels like I’m stepping into a part of history.
Recommended: I recommend the French Bread sub with homemade ham, Liver Pate, vegetables and Hot peppers or the French Bread sub with Homemade ham, house meat ball, vegetable and hot peppers.
Overall: 9 (wow! Please enlarge my morsel.)
(1-4: will never come back, 5: pass (I’m okay with a tinier morsel), 6: acceptable, 7: okay, 8: good, 9: Wow! Please enlarge my morsel. 10: Perfection. I could eat a morsel of this every day!)
Will come back? OF COURSE! Out of all of the Banh Mi places I have been I must say that this is the best. But what I didn’t like was the price increase. Over the past few years they have been raising the price by 50 cents and now it doesn’t seem as worth it because it got more expensive.
I took my food and went over to Queen Elizabeth park to eat. The scenery was lovely and although it got the car all messy it was worth it.
View from where I ate:
What I ate:
French Bread sub with Homemade ham, house meat ball, vegetable and hot peppers – $5.00
• I must stress that the bread they use is perfect for Banh Mi
o It’s got a crispy exterior and a soft and slightly chewy inside
o The inside is airy and light
• It’s a pretty large Banh Mi
• The inside is filled with their house meat ball which I don’t particularly enjoy the texture but I like the flavour
• The pickled vegetables add that sour taste which goes well with the rest of the sandwich
• I would give it a 8 (good)/10
French Bread sub with homemade ham, Liver Pate, vegetables and Hot peppers – $4.00
• Bread goes nicely with all the different flavours
• The homemade ham accompanies it nicely
• The house made ham is really good since this was cut thick
o The fat made a good sauce and it literally melted in my mouth
• The liver pate is my favourite part, it gives it a really nice creamy texture and tangy flavour
• I would give it a 9/10
Summary: This is my go to place for banh mi. I would recommend it to everyone!