Trilussa Pizza and Pane
Date Visited: June 17
2012 (Father’s Day) – My dad’s staple food other than rice is pizza so I decided that that’s what we were going to have for breakfast. My treat.
Address: 4363 Main Street Vancouver, BC V5V3R1
Type of Restaurant: Cafe/pizza
Price Range: $-$$
Background: It’s an authentic Roma Pizza place. (I could totally feel that threw all the Italian being thrown around in the kitchen)
Ambiance (out of five): 4.5/5 – It was a relaxed and community style atmosphere. The servers there were all very courteous and friendly. They are funny and outgoing people.
Recommended: I would recommend the Vancouver pizza even though it is a pizza that is served cold.
Overall: 8/10 It is a good restaurant worth the visit. The food is authentic and not overly seasoned like other pizza places that will leave you thirsty for water.
(1-4: will never come back, 5: pass (I’m okay with a tinier morsel), 6: acceptable, 7: okay, 8: good, 9: Wow! Please enlarge my morsel. 10: Perfection. I could eat a morsel of this every day!)
Will come back? Definitely, the price is reasonable and the service is good I don’t see why not.
What I ate:
- First bite I could already taste the smoked salmon. It was so good
- I wasn’t influenced by the coldness of the pizza. It wasn’t exactly cold it was warm with cold toppings.
- I love my pizza piping hot but I still enjoyed this one
- The vegetables were a nice touch, it gave it a nice crunch but I didn’t think it was necessary
- The dough of all the pizzas were crispy with a bit of chew which I like
- The flavours complimented each other and wasn’t over seasoned
- 9/10- It made me want more but I could have had some more salmon (since the price is reasonable I understand)
- When it landed on the table, I could smell the prosciutto and cheese (smelled extremely good)
- The cheese was oozing off and when I took a bite out of it it stretched really far (LOVE IT WHEN IT DOES THAT)
- The prosciutto left an aroma on pieces of the pizza that didn’t even have prosciutto on it
- It wasn’t overly salty from excess amounts of cheese and prosciutto which is nice
- I would give it a 8/10 – I felt like they could have added some more vegetables to even out the flavours
- This was one of the most favoured on Urbanspoon
- But it didn’t wow me
- It was nice that there was potato on it and it was VERY favourable with those few ingredients
- But I felt that it needed another element texturally
- I would give it a 8.5/10